Saturday, February 25, 2012

Caterpillars in the Snow

Wow, what a kooky winter we are having here in the Mitten state!! We've only had about 3 snowfalls all season! We're taking full advantage of sledding opportunities with each short round of winter, but I think the unusual temperatures and overall lack of snow has more than just humans scratching their heads. The bugs are puzzled too! Back in January, the kids and I found a little caterpillar crawling along our back porch, wondering where to go next! "He must be confused," the kids concluded... to be honest, so am I! :)
Ironically, my friend Lori just recently shared this great link with me for fun caterpillar activities and cute snacks--just what we need to get by as we wait for the real spring to start in a few more weeks! Very Hungry Caterpillar activities






Also, you can check out the unit study I made last year on butterflies: Awesome Butterfly Moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment